August 18, 2019
If you have decided to use a Real Estate sales professional to assist in the sale of your home, selecting that REALTOR® is an important part of the process and will be instrumental in achieving an expeditious and successful sale of your residence. As a part of our Sellers Series, Team Weir has developed a list of questions for you to ask yourself before hiring your next Realtor®.
- Will your property be placed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), thereby giving you maximum exposure to all Buyers and Real Estate Companies in the area and across the country?
- Is the sales commission in keeping with local norms? If a higher commission rate is being charged, what additional service will be provided? On the other hand, if the commission rate is lower than the norm, what services are not provided?
- Is your residence located in an area in which the REALTOR® has sold homes before?
- Does the REALTOR® and his/her office have a toll-free number available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- What type of administrative support is available to support your REALTOR® while he/she is actively trying to sell your house?
- Will your property be actively advertised on a quality and easily accessible Internet site?
- What is the marketing strategy proposed by the REALTOR®? i.e., frequency of media advertising, public open houses, internet availability, company advertising kiosks, flyers, and real estate agent open houses.
- What will the REALTOR® do to sell your home that is above and beyond what most other REALTORS® do as standard practice?
- What is the size of the company in terms of REALTORS® and market share? Most Real Estate companies try to sell their own listings first. Therefore, the more REALTORS® employed by the company, the greater the chance of it being sold quickly.
- Finally, and most importantly, what research has the REALTOR® done to establish the Market Value of your property?
In conclusion, selecting the right REALTOR® is like selecting any other professional. Making a concerted effort to find someone who is knowledgeable and efficient will go a long way to ensuring your sale is handled in ways that will save you time, aggravation, and possibly money!